Sunday, February 26, 2012

Kingsley and Maeby

Since I will be talking about my two wonderful dogs quite a lot, I thought I should formally introduce you.

This is Kingsley, my first dog.

Yes, he chewed/scratched that windowsill.
No, we haven't fixed it, yet.

Kingsley just turned 4. He's a Shepherd/Lab Mix. We rescued him from Pulaski County Animal Shelter when he was just 5 weeks old. He was found abandoned when he was only 3 weeks old, so he has some social setbacks. He loves nothing more than to play ball. Second to that, he loves gazing out our second story window that looks over his yard, watching the squirrels, cats, birds, dogs and kids who cut through our yard to get to school. (We need a fence.) He's becoming more affectionate and less anxious, but it's taken a few years and some patience. I love him, but he's mostly Daniel's dog.


This is Maeby, my loving inspiration for the blog.


Maeby is a spry 2 year old. She's a Weimaraner/Giant Schnauzer Mix. We rescued her from Pulaski County Animal Shelter, too. She was the last of her litter, and it was her last day to be adopted when I went to see her. We're so glad we added her to our family. She's very affectionate and loves to cuddle on the couch. She also loves to chase Kingsley while he plays ball, then she tries to sneak away to the neighbors' trash. She's a shy girl who is easily intimidated by strangers, but we're working on that.

It's a pleasure for me to introduce you to my quirky, goofy and fun-loving pups. Unfortunately, they're still in training when it comes to their social skills. I'll be sharing some stories of their progress.

I'm sure many can understand our predicament.  We live in a smaller town with no dog parks and almost no dog-related events. I'm happy to say we got our first store to which we can take our dogs just last month, PetSense. So, my husband and I are trying harder to get our dogs out of the house and socialize them more. I cannot take them to PetSense yet, but we are going to a local park that allows leashed dogs every weekend. They still associate a car ride with either going to their second home (my husband's parents), vet or groomer. We're hoping to break that mindset soon and make every car ride an adventure.



To see some of my other dog photography, check out my facebook page: www.facebook.com/ashleystroudphotography

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Ashley!!!
    Pulaski County Park is great for letting them run :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sigh) I miss my grand-puppies...

    ReplyDelete