Friday, March 9, 2012

Identity

We all love to decorate our dog through their collars, leashes, little clothing and tags. I can't get enough! So, I thought I'd share some very cute dog tags that I've tried out.


Sofa City has some really unique and colorful tags.  I love the design.  However, I have noticed 2 negatives to these tags.  The first being, both the tags I ordered, one for each dog, fell off within a few days.  We did find the tags; one was in the yard and the other on the bed.  I would recommend replacing the mini key ring for a more tightly wound one before putting these tags on your dogs' collar.  It was my husband who noticed the second negative.  He states, "the DPI is only around 160."  He is a graphic designer who works in print.  Basically, the print quality is poor.  I will say that one tag was better than another, which makes me think they may have been running out of ink when the second tag was printed.  This 'problem' really doesn't bother me.  The lesser quality is only noticeable when examined closely and not at all noticeable when hanging from the dog's collar.


PoochyCouture on Etsy has so many hand crafted tags that I'm in love with!  I love the natural look using predominantly metals.  The price is right and turn around time is great!  My only warning is: get more tightly wound key rings to replace the one that is sent with the tag.  I have purchased 4 total; some were gifts.  Two tags were lost.  They were both the larger sized tags.  Otherwise, these are great quality, and I will order more in the future.




All in all, I could use a few of these! Just found it on Amazon, but the reviews of this particular product weren't so great.  A similar item may be found at a craft store.




Red Dingo tags have been both the best deal and most durable I've used.  They come in such a wide variety of sizes, colors and design options that they should fit anyone's style needs.  All the options are not listed in the photo.  Check out the link above for the the best deal on these tags.  I've never had a problem with damage or loss with Red Dingo.  You won't regret getting one. I now use Maeby's first small tag as my key chain.  It's too small for her now, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it.






Finally, if you're looking for some bling, you must check out MegaTags.  They cost a bit - a lot more than the others, but you pay for what you get.  They're stainless steel and some have cubic zirconia!  If I were to order one of these, I would definitely go through Bluegrass Barkery (my favorite all-things-cool-dog store).  They also have RedDingo tags along with a few others.


I hope this has been a bit helpful.  Again, if you have found any good deals on dog tags or have had any experience with the ones mentioned, and want to share, please post a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment